“Many in the medical and facilities community believe it should be mandatory for bathroom water to have the same safety standards as at the kitchen faucet.”
Consequently, the B. David Company is pleased to announce the introduction of our new NSF rated, third-party certified – BDC-6000BB Nanotechnology Certified Whole House Purification System. This next generation water purifier incorporates our proprietary nanotechnology, TC0-3 treated carbon, and a new patented electrostatic media. This system is manufactured in an EPA inspected production facility in the United States. We believe that this is the first whole house purifier of its kind.
Certified to NSF standards P-231 (virus and bacteria), NSF/ANSI 42 aesthetics (Particulates Class 3) and NSF/ANSI 53 (Cyst) by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO). IAPMO is a leading global independent third-party certification and drinking water testing organization. Our certification included a full challenge water regiment.
- This next generation water purifier provides maximum protection at all water outlets in your residence, including kitchen, bathroom (shower/bath), and laundry. No more concern with a child drinking water from a bathtub, unfiltered faucet, or even on their toothbrush.
- Green technology – This is an environmentally responsible system as no electricity or chemicals are used. No water is wasted
- Very low maintenance
- Third party certification through IAPMO, North America’s premier plumbing and mechanical product certification agency
- Certified to NSF standards P-231 (virus and bacteria), NSF/ANSI 42 aesthetics (Particulates Class 3) and NSF/ANSI 53 (Cyst) by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO). IAPMO is a leading global independent third-party certification and drinking water testing organization. IAPMO Platinum Seal TM recipient for exceptional quality and function. Our certification included a full challenge water regiment.
Capacity and components:
Connects easily to your incoming water supply, delivering up to 8 gallons of purified water per minute. The filtration capacity has increased from 25,000 to 35,000 gallons versus the previous generation POE system. The first stage high capacity pre-filter now has an independent shut off option for easy filter replacement. A ball valve, water meter, hardware, and instructions are included.
6001 – Sediment with S2 reduction (first stage) – Captures dirt, sediment, particulate matter. Replace every 5,000 – 15,000 gallons or six months.
6002 – Parallax Nano Filter (second stage) – Removes, virus, bacteria and cysts. Replace after 35,000 gallons or 18 months.
6003 – Activated Carbon Media with TCO-3 (third stage) – Removes many chemicals, chlorine, odor, and improves taste. Replace after 35,000 gallons or 18 months.
6004 – Anti-Bacterial with H1A (fourth stage) – Removes, virus, bacteria, cysts, and heavy metal reduction. Replace after 35,000 gallons or 18 months.
- Reduces parasitic protozoan cysts such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Removes waterborne contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, and colloidal particles
- Captures particles as large as tens of microns or as small as .015 nanometers
- Lowest Pressure Drop – Comparable to a 2-3 µ/micron filter
- Wide pH Ranges – Effective from pH 4 to pH 9
- High Dirt and particulate retention – Up to 25 times more than conventional 20” filter
- This product is on GSA contract #GS-07F-9166S
IAPMO testing summary for the BDC-6000BB Nanotechnology Certified Whole House Filtration System:
- Required Reduction 3 LRV
- Reduction Results > 99.97%; 3.52 LRV
- Required Reduction 4 LRV
- Reduction Results > 99.99%; 5.22LRV = 99.999%
- Required Reduction 6 LRV
- Reduction Results > 99.99%; 7.86LRV = 99.9999%
Chemical Reduction – greatly enhances taste
These collective technologies are very effective for the reduction of Lead, Ferrous Iron, PCBs & BPAs, Polysaccharides, Chromium VI, micro-pharmaceuticals, colloidal particles and more.
For more information regarding the IAPMO to NSF standards click Here
Additional health considerations:
- Legionnaires’ disease can be transmitted when airborne droplets carrying the Legionella bacteria are inhaled into the lungs during shower.
- Contaminated shower water can cause many types of diarrheal diseases, including Cholera, Typhoid, and Dysentery.
- The human body can absorb 100 times more chlorine in a 10-minute unfiltered shower than from drinking a gallon of water.
- Just a drop of water on a toothbrush can lead to illness.